Smoked Twice Baked Potatoes
Smoked Twice Baked Potatoes
- 6 Russet Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Ranch Dip Powder
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1-2 Cups Grated Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Once the oven is preheated, place the potatoes directly on the oven wrack. Bake the potatoes for about 50 mins. The size of your potatoes will affect how long you bake them. Once the potatoes are baked, let them cool for about 5 mins on a cutting board. Cut the potatoes in half length-wise. Use a spoon to remove most of the potato from the skins. Place the inside of the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the butter, milk, sour cream, ranch dip powder, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to the bowl of potato filling. Mash the potatoes until they are smooth, making sure the other ingredients are mixed evenly. Using a spoon, scoop the potato mixture back into the potato skins. Top each potato with a bit of grated colby jack cheese or cheese of your choice.
- If you have a smoker, preheat it to 225 degrees F. Place each potato on the smoker grate. Let the potatoes smoke for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, crank the temperature up to 350 degrees and let the cheese melt. This usually only takes a few minutes. Once the cheese is melted, the potatoes are ready to enjoy
- If you are just going to cook the potatoes in the oven, set the temperature to 350 degrees. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake the potatoes until the cheese is melted. Enjoy.
- This is a great BBQ side or dinner side. It goes great with so many different foods. I can’t wait for you guys to try it out!
The potato. Probably the most versatile food in the world. As a wise hobbit once said, “boil em’, mash em’, stick em’ in a stew.” There is so much to love about the potato, but my favorite way is twice baked. The pellet grill has completely revolutionized the way I enjoy twice baked potatoes. Today I am excited to share my method and recipe with you all.
If you’ve never heard of a twice baked potato, it is really simple. Just bake a potato, then cut it in half. Use a spoon to scoop out the inside of the potato and put it in a bowl. After that you get to mix in all of the beautiful goodness you want to. I love sour cream and ranch. I will tell you more as I get to the recipe. Anyways, after you mix all of the lovely potato filling, you scoop it back into the potato skins, smother with grated cheese, and throw them on the smoker. The smoky, wood-fired flavor adds a beauty to twice baked potatoes that will change your life. It is incredible!
Twice baked potatoes are the perfect side to pretty much any BBQ or meal. Since today just happens to be the big football game, I am going to partner them up with my delicious smoked then fried chicken wings. They go perfectly with tri tip, brisket, chicken, pulled pork and anything you can imagine. Once you get these things going on the smoker, you probably won’t every go back to anything else!
As always, enjoy! Thanks for reading, and thanks for the support. Don’t forget to tell your friends and family about my recipes!