BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Pizza Dough for 1 Pizza
- 5-6 Oz Room Temperature Cream Cheese
- 1- 1 1/2 Lbs Smoked Meat Chicken is best
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 3-4 Cups Mixed Pepper Jack and Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Lb Cooked Chopped Bacon
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven or smoker to 375 degrees, with pizza stone on the grates. Roll out the dough to your desired thickness. I like to do mine somewhere around 1/4 of an inch or just slightly thicker. Carefully spread the cream cheese evenly over the crust. If you are having a hard time spreading the cream cheese, put it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to soften it up. Carefully place the crust onto the pizza stone that has been preheating in the oven or smoker. You will be assembling the rest of the pizza while it is one the stone. That way you don’t spill any ingredients as you slide the crust on the stone.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the chopped chicken with the BBQ sauce. Spread the chicken and BBQ sauce mixture evenly on top of the cream cheese. Sprinkle as much cheese as you want on top of the chicken. I am a huge cheese fan, so I use a lot. Sprinkle the chopped bacon over the top of the cheese. Sprinkle a little bit of crushed red pepper on top. If you don’t want it any more spicy you can skip that step.
- Let the pizza bake for 20-30 minutes. What you are looking for, is the crust to turn golden brown. If you see one side of the crust is cooking faster than the others, you can rotate it after the first 15 minutes. After it is done baking, remove it from the oven or smoker while it is still on the stone. Slice and enjoy!
- Note: You don’t need a pizza stone for this recipe. If you don’t have one, you can use a cookie sheet or a pizza pan. The pizza stone helps the crust to cook more evenly, and give it a more brick oven type feel.
Ladies and gentlemen, you might want to buckle up for this one. Be prepared to see the recipe for the best pizza ever. I seriously love this pizza. It is so good! My favorite kind of pizza has always been BBQ Chicken. In my life, pizza is one of the most important food groups. I will take the stuff any way I can get it.
One of my favorite parts of this recipe is the beautiful bacon crumble on top. Yes, you heard me. Bacon crumble. If that doesn’t get your attention, let’s move on to the cheese. I love to use a combination of pepper jack and mozzarella cheese. That way you get the delicious creamy, and spicy bite from the pepper jack and the irresistible stretch from the mozzarella. Now if I still haven’t caught your attention, let me just talk about the BBQ chicken. I love to use smoked chicken, but you can pretty much go anywhere with this one. You can use rotisserie chicken, pulled pork, or even brisket! Just chop it up into smaller chunks and mix it in with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Something unique about this pizza, is that it doesn’t call for a traditional pizza sauce. It’s much more simple than that. To get that perfect BBQ chicken pizza, spread cream cheese on the crust. Yep! Cream cheese! It is so good! I seriously can’t wait for you guys to try this one out. I can never get enough of the stuff. Enjoy!