- 4 15.25 Oz Cans of Corn
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 tsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Smoked Kosher Salt Regular Kosher Salt Is Fine
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- On medium low heat, melt the butter in a large pot. Add the cream cheese in small chunks, and stir constantly until it is mostly melted. Add the milk, heavy cream, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir constantly. Don’t let the mixture boil. If the mixture begins to boil, turn the heat down even further. It is important to let the mixture heat up and thicken without boiling.
- When the mixture starts to release a lot of steam, add the corn, and the parmesan cheese. Continue stirring the mixture on medium low heat. Don’t let the mixture boil. Let the mixture thicken for 5-10 minutes.
- At this point, the creamed corn is ready to be served, but I like to put it on the smoker at 250 for 5-10 more minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes. This adds just a nice subtle smoke flavor that some people really love. Serve, and enjoy!
Creamed corn has to be one of the best comfort foods of all time. This stuff is so great for holidays and get-togethers. It isn’t a complicated dish, but it is warm, filling, and delicious. The first time I had creamed corn, I fell in love.
There is a lot of variation to creamed corn. Some of it is good, and some of it is bad. A lot of canned creamed corn is notoriously bad, so instead I just make my own sauce and add it to canned corn. Cream cheese is one of the greatest secrets of this dish. Creamed corn is obviously already very creamy, but the addition of cream cheese adds an extra level of flavor and creaminess.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Enjoy!