Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Creamy Alfredo Chicken Pizza
- Dough for 2 pizzas (You can use store-bought, or try out my dough recipe linked above)
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2-3 Tbsp Garlic Herb Dry Rub (Or your favorite chicken rub)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4-1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 Oz. Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 3-4 Cups Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Season the chicken thighs with the dry rub. Grill, smoke, or pan fry them until the internal temperature reads at least 165 degrees F. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, then cut into bite sized cubes. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven or smoker to 425 degrees F. In a sauce pan melt the butter. Add the minced garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in the flour, and cook for another 1-2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- While whisking, slowly add the cream. Reduce the heat to medium low, and cook until the sauce thickens. Add the parmesan cheese. Once everything is evenly mixed, add the cubes of chicken to the sauce, and mix well. Set aside.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly over the 2 pizza crusts. Layer the chicken and sauce mixture evenly over the cream cheese. Sprinkle the cheese over that. Slice the tomatoes into smaller pieces and put on top of the cheese. Place spinach leaves over the top of the pizza. Bake the pizzas in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the crust is cooked through, and starting to turn slightly golden brown on the edges. Slice and enjoy!
- Pro tip: For the best crust, put a pizza stone in the oven or smoker while it is preheating. Bake the pizzas on the pizza stone. This helps to create a slightly more crispy, and more evenly cooked crust.
I’m all about pizza. Pizza is amazing. I could eat the stuff every day. One of the best things about pizza is that you can pretty much put anything on it. One of my favorite kinds of pizza is BBQ Chicken. You can see that recipe HERE. Usually I’m not a huge alfredo sauce fan, but every now and again, I need it. I knew that if I put enough garlic in the sauce, I would be good to go. Who doesn’t love a feast of garlic? Enough garlic in alfredo sauce, mixed with amazing chicken thighs make for an even more amazing pizza.
The next step I took to make sure I would fall in love with this pizza, was to get the right kind of chicken. Chicken breast is good and all, but chicken thighs are even better. The easiest way to deal with them is to use the boneless skinless cut. Most grocery stores will sell them that way. If you can’t see it on the shelf, just ask the butcher. If they don’t have any, feel free to use the bone-in variety.
Normally I’m all for grilling, or smoking everything, but this time, I threw the chicken in the cast iron pan on the stove. The sear and flavor was incredible! To season the chicken, I used my Garlic and Herb Dry Rub.
When the chicken was cooked, I cubed it up, threw it in the alfredo sauce, and put that on the pizza. The result was amazing! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we did.