My favorite rendition of a delicious dish that puts leftover BBQ meats to good use.
- 12-16 Oz Leftover BBQ Meat Brisket, Chicken, Turkey, Pork
- 8 Oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 4 Oz Can Diced Green Chili
- 1 Can Red Enchilada Sauce About 12 Oz.
- 3-4 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 8-10 Flour Tortillas
- Preheat oven or smoker to 350 Degrees F. Mix cream cheese and sour cream in large mixing bowl. Add cooked meat, cream of mushroom soup, diced green chilis, 1/4 Cup red enchilada sauce, and 3/4 Cup shredded cheese to the cream cheese and sour cream mixture. Mix well.
- Put about 2 spoonfuls of the mixture into each tortilla and roll them. See the video above for a demonstration if you need it. Place the rolled enchiladas into a greased 9×13 baking pan. Pour about 1/2 Cup of the red enchilada sauce over the enchiladas. Use a basting brush or a spoon to evenly spread the sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Make sure the tortillas all have some enchilada sauce on them, so they don’t burn when they cook.
- Place the pan directly on the rack of the smoker or the middle rack in the oven. Let the enchiladas cook for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes, remove the enchiladas from the heat and apply about 1/4 cup more of red enchilada sauce. Top with about 2-3 cups of cheese. You can do as much or as little cheese as you want. We like ours super cheesy. Return the pan to the oven or smoker and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted. Remove from the heat and let them cool down a bit for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!
One of my favorite parts of enchiladas is how easy they are to make. The most prominent ingredient is the red enchilada sauce. The best part is that it comes in a can and is pretty inexpensive. If you don’t have any leftover meat, and don’t want to spend the time cooking meat for enchiladas, another good option is rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
The list of ingredients for this one is pretty small, so that helps too. You don’t even have to crack open your spice cabinet either. I hope you guys all enjoy this family favorite recipe! Don’t forget to share this with your friends and family!