Smoked Cowboy Meatloaf
Smoked meatloaf is one of my favorite dishes. It goes great with mashed potatoes, and vegetables. This is a great dish to showcase an awesome smoke ring.
- 2 Lbs. Ground Beef
- 1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup French Fried Onions
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup BBQ Sauce
- Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees. Combine all of the ingredients except for the BBQ sauce. Mix well, and form into 2 loaves. Place the loaves on the grate of the smoker, and cook until they reach an internal temperature of about 120 degrees F.
- Use a basting brush to glaze each loaf with BBQ sauce. Let the loaves smoke until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. If you want, you can brush the loaves with BBQ sauce once more when they hit about 140 degrees F.
- When they are done, let the loaves rest uncovered on a cutting board for 5-10 mins. Slice, and enjoy. This meatloaf goes great with mashed potatoes. Enjoy!Note: Go with any BBQ sauce you like, but any kind of honey BBQ sauce is best.
I’m not really sure why I decided to call this Cowboy Meatloaf. I guess it just sounds cool. I would like to think that cowboys would probably enjoy it? I dunno. Whatever it’s called, it’s fantastic!
Meatloaf is pretty simple, so I won’t spend too much time with this blog post. Let me just say, the seasonings for this combine for a perfect flavor. When you throw this meatloaf on the smoker, it just goes great with the seasonings. It’s like it was meant to be
Fire up the ol’ smoker, throw this meatloaf on, and enjoy!