Pretzel Crusted Chicken
Pretzel Crusted Chicken
- 1 Lb Chicken Tenders, Breast, or Thighs
- 1 Cup Crushed Pretzels
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground Mustard Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley Flakes
- Preheat oven, smoker, or oil. The oven or smoker needs to be 375-400 Degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the egg mixture, until evenly incorporated. Place the raw chicken into the egg mixture and let it marinate for 10-15 minutes. While the chicken is marinating, put the pretzels into a blender or food processor until they are crushed. It doesn’t need to be a fine powder, those little chunks of pretzel are what makes this recipe great. Add the rest of the pretzel breading ingredients to the pretzels and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Put each piece of chicken into the breading mixture, 1 at a time. Make sure each piece of chicken is completely covered in the breading. Place the chicken in the hot oil until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees F. If you are using the oven or smoker, place the chicken on a baking sheet and bake until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. This usually takes 15-20 minutes in the oven or smoker. Enjoy! Serve on a sandwich, or by themselves as chicken tenders.
Prepare yourself for the best chicken sandwich of your life. Chicken sandwiches are already incredible, but this will only prove it more. There’s a lot of different directions you can go with a chicken sandwich. You can go fried, grilled, baked, or even smoked. The best part about this recipe, is that you can basically cook it any way you want.
Pretzels are awesome. Usually they are even better when they are surrounded by candy, raisins, and peanuts, but today they are incredible with chicken. Pretzels are the ingredient that makes this recipe stand out. You won’t regret trying this!
You can have this chicken in strips, or you can have it on a sandwich. Do your thing. My favorite way to have it is on a sandwich, with my amazing Honey Mustard Aioli, red bell pepper, and lettuce. Once again, you can fry this chicken, bake it, or even throw it on the smoker. It’s all a matter of preference