Amazing Creamy White Chicken Chili
Creamy White Chicken Chili
- 1/2 Diced Medium Sized Yellow Onion
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 4 Oz. Cans Diced Green Chilis
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 8 Oz. Package Cream Cheese
- 1 Can Corn
- 1 15 Oz. Cans Cannellini Beans Or your favorite white bean
- 1 15 Oz. Can Black Beans
- 2 Diced Roma Tomatoes
- 4 Oz. Grated Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1-2 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Thinly Sliced Avocado
- In a large pot, or dutch oven, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes until tender. Add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minute. Add the chicken broth, green chilis, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, coriander, salt, and pepper. Bring this mixture to a boil, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese in small chunks. Add the corn, beans, and diced tomatoes. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Add the chicken, pepper jack cheese, lime juice, and cilantro. Cook until the cheese is melted and evenly incorporated. Remove from the heat and serve with the sliced avocado, tortilla chips, and lime wedges. Enjoy!
Chili is such a great dish. When it gets a little colder outside, it just makes sense to make chili. Here in Utah, the weather decides to cool down pretty much whenever it wants, so chili is a dish that works for a pretty good portion of the year. One of the best kinds of chili to make is White Chicken Chili. It has tons of amazing flavors that you don’t get from normal chili. There’s a thousand different directions you can go with any kind of chili, so today I will share with you my favorite recipe.
When it’s cold outside, I start to get a little sick of normal chili, so I love to have different ingredients, and different flavors to work with. One of my favorite flavors in White Chicken Chili is lime. It’s not dominant, but it’s there, and it’s delicious! Another great part of this recipe, is that it doesn’t have to take all day to make. If you are in a pinch, the best option is to just pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
Another key ingredient in this recipe, is cream cheese. The creaminess is what sets it apart from a lot of other similar recipes. Fire up the stove, crack open some cans, and enjoy a nice bowl of hot chili!