BBQ Baked Beans
BBQ Baked Beans
- 3 15 Oz. Cans Kidney Beans
- 3 15 Oz. Cans Navy Beans
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Lb Chopped Cooked Bacon
- 1 Diced Onion
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 1/4 Cup Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Your Favorite Sweet BBQ Rub
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- Drain all of the cans of beans, and pour the beans into a very large pot. I like to use a really big stock pot. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and bacon chunks. Once the ground beef and bacon are almost browned, add the diced onion. Cook this mixture on medium heat until the onion starts to become slightly translucent.
- Remove from the heat and add the mixture to the large stock pot with the beans. Add the remaining ingredients to the stock pot and mix well. Bring the mixture to a boil, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and pour the mixture into a large crock pot. Turn the crock pot to high and cook for about 1 hour, then turn the crock pot to keep warm. Serve, and enjoy! Alternatively, after you mix all of the ingredients in a stock pot, you can add them to the crock pot and heat them there. I usually use the stock pot to bring the ingredients to a boil so they don’t take so long to heat up in the crock pot.
- Don’t cook the beans for more than 2 hours, or the beans will overcook and split open.
Nothing says BBQ like BBQ beans! Whenever I go out for BBQ, I almost always get beans as the side. There are a lot of different flavors you will get at different BBQ joints all over the country. Some serve cowboy beans, which are usually more of a salty and savory flavor, but my favorite beans are the sweet and tangy ones! I’ve fine tuned this recipe to get it just the way I like it
One of my favorite parts of this recipe are the delicious bacon chunks. Not only is there bacon, there’s also ground beef! Adding this ingredients makes a delicious flavor and heartiness. Not only does it make a good side, it can also be the main dish for a camping trip or even a family dinner. If you aren’t a huge chili fan, you can throw a batch of these BBQ beans together to warm up a fall or winter day.
These beans are delicious, and I can’t get enough! Enjoy this recipe, and don’t forget to share it with others!