Elote Salad (Mexican Street Corn Salad)
- 5 Ears Corn
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Diced Jalapeno (Seeds Removed)
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked or Regular Paprika
- 1 Diced Medium Avocado
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat your grill for high heat. Shuck the corn. Place the corn directly on the grill greats and cook until there are slight bits of char on some kernels on all sides of the corn. Let cool. Use a knife to cut the corn off of the cob
- Put the corn into a mixing bowl. Add all of the other ingredients to the corn. Mix well to combine ingredients. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. This allows the flavors to soak in and the salad to cool down. This salad is best served cold. Enjoy!
Are you a fan of Mexican Street Corn? I know I am! This is a great side for tacos, nachos, burritos, or even enchiladas! For those of you that have never had Mexican street corn, it is basically just corn on the cob, on a stick, with mayonnaise, paprika, and sometimes chili powder. It is extremely addicting!
Sometimes, I get frustrated eating corn on the cob, especially Mexican street corn, because it can get messy, and the corn can get stuck in my teeth. I’m not a huge salad eater, and my body is starting to punish me for it. My solution was to make a street corn salad! Yeah, I wish it was actually a really healthy salad, but hey, at least I am still getting some vegetables, right?
One of my favorite parts about this recipe, is that the ingredients are all super easy to find at the grocery store! We are a family on a budget, so having delicious things like this for such a small price is awesome! Spring is here, and summer is close. With summer, comes corn on the cob season.
Grilling the corn before you cut it off the cob makes the flavors explode even more. There aren’t many things better than grilled corn. Throwing the flavor of grilled corn in with the refreshing ingredients in this recipe will make this an unforgettable side dish.
Double this recipe up and take it to a family gathering, or neighborhood BBQ. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!