- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Stone Ground Mustard
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Prepared Horseradish
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Kosher Salt Regular Kosher Salt Is Fine
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika Regular Paprika Is Fine
- 1/8 tsp Chipotle Pepper Powder
- 2 Packages Coleslaw Veggie Mix
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except for the coleslaw mix.
- Add the coleslaw mix to the wet ingredients, and stir until the sauce is evenly incorporated into the coleslaw mix.
- Let sit covered in the fridge for 2 hours to allow the dressing to soak into the vegetables. Enjoy!
One of the most refreshing side dishes for a BBQ is coleslaw. It’s a great way to add a veggie to the menu, even if you are adding a lot of mayonnaise. Hey, don’t look at me, it wasn’t my original idea. There are many flavors and styles out there, but I much prefer the mayonnaise based slaws. They are so much creamier, and have just the right amount of seasoning. A lot of other coleslaws out there are vinegar based, which is fine, but not my favorite either.
This recipe takes the best of both of those concepts. I love mayo, and I love vinegar. When I was thinking about how I was going to form my dressing, I thought about how good Alabama White Sauce is. It captures incredible flavors from creamy to tangy. It is mayonnaise based, with a friendly portion of vinegar as well. I decided that the dressing for my signature coleslaw just had to be my take on an an Alabama White Sauce.
In this recipe, you will get to experience the awesome flavors of mayo, apple cider vinegar, horseradish, stone ground mustard, and so much more. The dressing by itself is good enough. It would be incredible on chicken, pork, or beef, but today it goes with cabbage and carrots for the most amazing coleslaw. Enjoy!