Amazing Broccoli Cheddar Soup With Delicious, Smokey Vegetables
Smoked Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 3-4 Cups Broccoli
- 1 Medium yellow Onion
- 2 Large Peeled Carrots
- 2 Sticks Celery
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Cups Veggie or Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Smoked or Regular Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 2 Cups Half and Half
- 2-3 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat smoker to 225 Degrees F. Quarter Onion. Peel carrots. Place the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic on the smoker for 30 minutes. This will be enough to add smoke flavor, but not cook the veggies through. After 30 minutes remove the veggies. Finely dice the onion, cut the broccoli into chunks, cut the celery into half moon chunks, mince the garlic, and slice the carrots into round chunks.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, and cook until it begins to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the flour, and whisk for about 1-2 minutes. Add the broth, broccoli chunks, carrots, celery, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 15-30 minutes until the veggies are cooked through.
- Stir in the half and half, and cheese. Simmer for another minute or 2 until everything is evenly incorporated. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Serve in a bowl, or a bread bowl. Enjoy!
Coming in hot with another warm, delicious, hearty meal for a cold day. If you have a hard time with meat, but still like slightly smokey flavors, this soup will make your day! I am not the world’s biggest soup fan, but this is a soup I can go for. Cheese is my homeboy, and it will never let me down. Don’t worry, the cheese is present in this one. The amazing creaminess from the half and half, along with the smokiness from the veggies, will add an amazing flavor and texture that will have you coming back for another bowl.
Smoke is amazing. The effect that fire and smoke have on food is incredible. This doesn’t just have to go for meat. The same thing applies to all food, including vegetables. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is always amazing, but throwing smoke on the ingredients builds an even more amazing flavor.
Throw these ingredients together, dish up a warm bowl, and enjoy the warmth it brings on a cold Fall or Winter day. Enjoy!