Better With Smoke Cake- Even More Amazing Than BTS Cake!
Better With Smoke Cake
- 15.25 Oz Box of Devils Food Cake Mix
- 14 Oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 12 Oz Caramel Sauce Ice Cream Topping works Great
- 3 Chocolate Covered Toffee Bars Heath or Skor
- 8 Oz Whipped Cream
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Kosher Salt Regular Kosher Salt Works
- Preheat your smoker to 350 degrees F. Bake the devils food cake in a 9×13 baking pan according to the instructions on the box. Remove the cake from the smoker when baked through, and let cool to room temperature.
- In a sauce pan, mix about 10 oz of the caramel sauce, and the whole can of sweetened condensed milk. Heat on low medium heat until the sauce is warm. No need to bring it to a boil. Poke holes in the cake with a wooden spoon or a skewer. Slowly pour the caramel sauce evenly over the cake. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Use a hammer to break the toffee candy in a zip-lock bag. Remove the cake from the fridge, and sprinkle half of the toffee candy on top. Lightly sprinkle with smoked salt. Spread the whipped cream evenly over the cake. Top with the remaining toffee candy bits. Drizzle the remaining 2 oz of caramel sauce over everything. Lightly sprinkle with just a little bit more of the smoked salt. Let chill for 1-2 more hours in the fridge. Enjoy!
Good ol’ BTS Cake. Chocolate, caramel, toffee, and whipped cream. Does it really get much better than that? Growing up, I always loved BTS cake. If you don’t know what BTS Cake is, it is devils food cake, infused with caramel sauce, and topped with whipped cream and toffee candy bits. Most people refer to this cake as “Better than Sex Cake.” Hence the PG name “BTS Cake.” I call my recipe, “Better With Smoke Cake,” because it tastes even better on the smoker.
Infusing the cake with the caramel is super simple. Just poke holes in the baked cake, warm up caramel ice cream topping, and add some sweetened condensed milk, then pour over the cake. The caramel topping goes into the holes, and soaks into the delicious cake. The toffee brings a delicious crunch, and a nice salty-sweet flavor. I love to add a sprinkle or two of my Pecan Smoked Salt for good measure.
Baking the cake in the smoker is one of the other great parts of this recipe. Wood fired cake is the only thing better than just straight up, normal cake. The fire gives the cake a flavor that just tastes right. The other ingredients bring this dish together, into a beautiful dessert. Enjoy!